Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Kiev Rangefinder

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 05 2024 :  4:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This i a very interesting Kiev 4 (?) camera wiki entry that warrants some discussion, first of all it has the "T"-shaped ridge on top of the light meter which is fairly atypical for the 1957 Kiev 4 and what happened to the flash sync contact? this is extremely weird. Denn I saw you post this, is there a photo of the bottom of the camera? does it have a leg like III or it's flat like IV?
Denn_kirov
29 Posts
Posted - Apr 06 2024 :  03:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Denn I saw you post this, is there a photo of the bottom of the camera? does it have a leg like III or it's flat like IV?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/642024_1.JPG

Here it is. The camera was restored by me, as usual with such old copies long shutter speeds did not work or the braid breaks. It is my rule that everything that comes into my collection must work. I can say that inside it is a classic Kiev II/III of later releases, except for the exposure meter of course. It is known that the prototype Kiev 4 was introduced back in 1951. In almost 10 years of collecting and restoring film cameras, I have come across cases of these early Kiev IVs. Some of them had synchro contact. There is an opinion that in the beginning of production the cases from II/III models were used. It is not known what this is related to. Perhaps they did not have time to establish production of new cases, or their quantity was insufficient. I think we will never know.

Edited by - Denn_kirov on Apr 06 2024 12:54:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google