Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
828 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  12:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

which is the latest known serial number of a FED 1d you know? As we know the FED 1e or Berdsk starts around number 175.000. I have a FED 1d with serial 169520 here. The lens has a matching number that is very close to the one of the camera.
There are two things that make it different to my other 1d's: The pressure plate hasn't the hole in it and it is totally round, and the lens cap has the FED name very deep stamped in and not more engraved.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  2:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Ulrich!
Not easy to answer your question!
The eBerdsk begin at serial c. 173600. But there are some NKVD d type too among these numbers up to c. 176xxx. I saw several of them, and Alain possesses one of these very late d type.
As for the pressure plate, they are without hole from c. 15xxxx, if I am not wrong.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
828 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  4:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Jacques,

thanks for your answer. I see it's so different as with all sowjet cameras :-) I have never seen a 1d with such a late number so I got it. And by the way it is in a real good state after CLA'ing it, it cocks really easy and is quiet and smooth when releasing it.
My FED collection grows and grows ... ;-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  01:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The latest serial number of Fed type-d I know is #172788. The very late type-d cameras (Jacques have mentioned about few of them) should be considered as Berdsk cameras already. Although bearing NKVD markings yet, they were assembled in Siberia indeed ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  4:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Aidas!

Of course OK to decide that those last 1d should be in fact "1d Berdsk" if they were made or assembled in Berdsk.
But we had already discussed of an 1e (Berdsk??) type S with a passport printed in Kharkov and signed in august 1941, serial number 180xxx. So we had thought that all the cameras before this number were made in Kharkov too...

Of course, nothing sure about this period, unless there is something new, for example in Viktor Suglob's book?

Congratulations for the growing of your Fed 1 collection, Ulrich! Mine too!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jul 16 2009 05:10:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google