Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK

United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  05:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In JLP's book it was stated that the earlier and rarer FED-Atlas had a self-timer. This is repeated on page 440 of Victor Suglob's mammoth volume. In fact, both illustrations are of the same camera (with self-timer). I believe that Aidas is correct on his website, when he states that the earler and rarer FED-Atlas had no self-timer. Having checked my own collection and also checked on Ebay, it would seem that the vast majority of FED-Atlas cameras do in fact have a self-timer.

David

(http://www.rcccuk.com)

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  03:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi David,

I'm absolutely sure it's a JLP mistake indeed. But I can't understand why this mistake was made again on "1200 cameras" book ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Edited by - AidasCams on Jan 13 2010 03:09:51 AM
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to say that I found more then few other mistakes and omissions in SSK book. The book is so big that probably impossible to get everything right on first attempt. So may be we should arrange separate thread to help authors to find all mistakes and share them in this goop to avoid future confusions?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  3:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A wiki entry may be helpful that people can edit. That reminds me, now that I'm back from vacation, I still need to create those categories we've talked about. I'll do it right now.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google