Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  7:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does that one come with a flash socket attachment or it's an optional piece?

Vlad
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  8:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Comes together with the set in a nice plastic case like a jewel.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  02:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
I have a proposal - find me "an american" Zenit under exotic names "Delta" or "Spiraflex" and the camera in the pictures + genuine plastic box is yours ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  09:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz,
thanks for the info! I've been wondering about these Kievs for a long time, they look cool!

Aidas - All right! :) I shall take up that challenge! :) I got all 3 of the Kalimars, but you probably have them too. I'll look for these two.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  09:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 35AM is an odd link between numberless Elikon and Kiev-35A ("Minox"), mine is from 1992 and serial 421. When you put them next to each you can clearly see how they have similarities, 35AM being the middle version.

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  09:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More like a bastard child in hiding of the two, since I have never seen it sold yet!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  12:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They were not a huge successes, even the low serials proove that. And not good quality either, so they are for sale very rarely. But with time, and good friends you can find anything

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  05:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

... Aidas - All right! :) I shall take up that challenge! :) I got all 3 of the Kalimars, but you probably have them too. I'll look for these two. Vlad

Vlad,
It's never ending story. Please, never say "having all of the Kalimars", while I know at least 4 of them with incalculable number of versions indeed ...
At present I only possess 1 of them - Kalimar TRL-100, ok, it's not a Zenit camera, but Lubitel one. As I can see from eBay records, Zenit - Kalimars still are quite common nowadays, so hoping to buy few of them as soon ...

Regards, Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas, I know Kalimar is a big american brand, I meant Kalimar branded russian cameras - I am aware of only 3 TLR100, SR200, SR300. And I have all of them. I have heard a mention of TLR200 but it is not confirmed.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  09:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have never hear about Kalimar TLR200, but SR100 is real for sure. It's an "american" version of Zenit-B.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  10:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you may be right. I did see that one... I thought the SR200 was a B but then I looked it was an E, and SR300 is 11 I think.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  1:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
SR300 is Zenit-EM one.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  1:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe! I didn't look it at closely... it's sitting far on top shelf
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Aidas, I am now a proud owner of a Kiev 35AM! Woohoo! . My question is: what is the 2X switch on it for??
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zenit kalimar are a collection subject in fact : many variations !
chrome, black and even olympics...so many avriation including E and EM....
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey friends,
i am hunting too for Flash socket alone (that is missing on my 35 AM.If anyone found one , please tell me (i can dream no ?)
so my 35AAM is out of order (not functionnal) as many (!) of them.

serial number is 9401451 (printed on white paper label sticked in film cartridge housing)
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  11:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
congratulations on your new toy!

Alain,
it's not easy to find flash socket for 35AM alone, but I will keep in my mind to find one for you, ok?

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks in advance Aidas...anyway a complete camera will be also OK !
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  4:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So what is this switch for? Anyone?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_0458.JPG

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  03:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My guess: exposure correction?
Not double exposure as it is not a mechanical switch which it should be for that.

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see, something like a low-light mode you think?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  10:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, for use if subject is in shadow. The most usual button in compact cameras of 80ies, "+1,5 EV"

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google