Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kris Lockyear
womble

United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I'm interested in obtaining a Moskva-5 folding camera to use. These don't ever seem to come up from UK-based ebay sellers so I have been looking at various Russian/Ukrainian vendors.

Are there vendors which should be avoided, or are highly recommended? Any idea what sort of price I should be looking at? Good examples seem to be around about the £90-£100 mark plus, of course, postage, VAT etc.

Thanks, Kris.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  2:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I trust Yuri at Fedka.com for a user camera, they are thoroughly checked by repairman before sold.

here's one. Shipping will probably cost you as much as from Ukraine.

http://fedka.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=513

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
584 Posts
Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  4:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kris,

I had very good experience with peterburg-deals, all his cameras are well described on Ebay and it is possible to return the camera back with full refund, if something went wrong.
Actuall on Ebay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/MOSKVA-5-Russian-Medium-camera-6x9-5945020-/320757902278?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item4aaea92bc6

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page
Colin
urban-wombat
Australia
71 Posts
Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  7:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peterburg-Deals.. the cameras from this outlet are very nice.. but the postal packing is not that good!
Go to Top of Page
Martti Muda
fotomuda
Estonia
155 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  01:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit fotomuda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I have a "like new" moskva-5.
I have tryed to sell it with 50 EUR.
But now, I cant find it...
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  06:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your hints and advice. I got my FED2 from Fedka so I may try there, especially as my wife is in the US at the moment.

Kris.
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  10:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I managed to pick-up a Moscow-5 for a very reasonable price yesterday. Fingers crossed it is in as good a working condition as claimed when it arrives.

Any one know of an English version of the manual on-line?

Thanks, Kris.
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  12:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Womble,
I think this link could be suitable for you :
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/moskva_2_4_5/moskva_2_4_5.htm

Sincerly,
Michel
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  3:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Michel, I'm looking forward to getting this camera and trying it out. At least the manual is sort and sweet. None of these 400 page monsters one gets with digital SLRs!

Best wishes, Kris.
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  11:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sadly, the camera appears to have gone astray in the post... :(

The vendor is happy to refund but it is still a bit of a pain.

K.
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  12:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to say that my Moskow-5 turned up this morning. It looks good, and is now loaded with a roll of T Max 400 film. I'll post the results when I get some back, although at 8 shots per roll of 120 film I don't think I'll be firing off too many images at once.

I now have a nice collection of a FED2 and a Zorkii 4 (with Industar-26m, Jupiter 8, 11 and 12 lenses), a Lubitel 2, a Moscow 5 and a Horizont (original version). That makes a rather nice range of cameras to play with.

Best wishes, Kris.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google