Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka

USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  2:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some pictures posted here are huge (in pixel count and file size) - they take a long time to load and hard to view.

So please, resize pictures to some 800-1024 pixels on the long side before posting.

Vlad, I am not sure if you can resize them automatically if they exceed certain dimensions.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  10:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you ask Yuri, you shall have it! I'll try to implement the resize into the upload sometime this week.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please Vlad, look at topic "kiev 90" ...i think i make a mistake when i put some pictures to complete .
if yes , sorry ...so inthat case i will send you a french wine bottle for extra work
ALain
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi vlad,

my first photos were too big, my mistake. the last had no 1MB, were also too big?! i hope you can change that.
how would it be, in the reply that the same principle applied, as with the new topics? text left, picture right? would a better overview!

regards
mike
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not a problem, Alain, I've removed them. On the bottom of each entry there is functionality to request file, image or entry removal. You can use that next time, this way I get those requests and remove them.

Mike, I will probably be resizing all large images in the site to 800x600 anyways, so don't worry about it for now. can you explain your second sentence? I don't quite get that...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  1:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i can. if we make a new entry, we have on the left side the text on the right side the pictures. my question is,can we not make also in our answer so? left side text and right side picture, when we have?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  1:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea, I will put it on my list to see if it's possible to do when I'm working on enhancements in the future. Thanks!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google