Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  03:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=26&ParentID=2&ContentID=652&Item=Jupiter+8+Red+Star and
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=26&ParentID=2&ContentID=653&Item=Jupiter+11+MC ,
we have two Red Star lenses. Who knows they were intended for?

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  04:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
USSR army
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  11:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz,
By the way, thank you for all your additions to the catalog.

I suspect these "red star" lenses may be forgeries. I bought two of them from the seller "sokrat_photo" and they had this red star and the extra numbers on the barrel. They were represented as from a 'miltary officer's collection'. The reason I think they are fake is that I also bought, from this same seller, a Kiev III "TSVVS" with that well-known logo on the meter lid and a small film-negative loupe, also with a similar military engraving. The lenses, camera, and magnifier all had similarities in the engraving although all the pieces were of different ages (camera 1956, lenses 1960s, magnifier no date but 1970s type).

So, although I don't know they are fakes for sure, it is my suspicion. I would like to find out they are not fakes, because maybe then the Kiev III "TSVVS" would not be fake also!

I will take photos of these four pieces later today and post them here. If anyone else has some of these "Red Star" lenses, I would like to know if they also came from the same seller or a different seller (which may point a little in the direction of authenticity).

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google