Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got an email this morning from Viktor! The book is completed and sent to publisher!! We will see it soon!!! I am very very excited! This is quite a huge event in our little world!

Vlad.

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW!
Now all we need is to get the info where to buy one asap when it comes out.
And naturally I hope that he included at least one of the camera pics I sent him, would be great to see my name among the serious collectors

Smena rules, and that is me behind the Start

Edited by - cedricfan on Jan 28 2008 1:14:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  1:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

May be you know - what language English or Russian Viktor have chosen for his 1st edition?

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  3:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As far as I know Russian edition was going to be first followed by English one some 6 months later or so
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  8:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if there are many Russians that collect Soviet era cameras? I know many Chinese collect vintage Chinese cameras. A Pearl River 7 120 TLR sold for about 10,000 euro recently. This book will help raise the price of vintage Soviet cameras. Good or bad news for us?;-)

Kievuser
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  10:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad, I guess you'll let us know when the book can be ordered. It might be cheaper to ship a few of them together.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  11:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen rare & expensive cameras go to Russian buyers in ebay. And I know antique dealers (also cameras) in Estonia who say much of their USSR-stuff goes now back to Russia.
But that Pearl River 7 was a real wonder, I did hear from it earlier by my friend in Beijing.

But the book: I hope I can make a deal with Aidas about getting it here inside Europe? Or does Alain have a solution?

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yuri, I definitely will, once they start shipping.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  02:01:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kievuser

I wonder if there are many Russians that collect Soviet era cameras? I know many Chinese collect vintage Chinese cameras. A Pearl River 7 120 TLR sold for about 10,000 euro recently. This book will help raise the price of vintage Soviet cameras. Good or bad news for us?;-)

Kievuser

Zhang,
I'm sure there are a lot of serious camera collectors in Russia and post soviet countries. Unfortunately we do not know much about them. I was lucky to find some camera related articles in russian newspapers. They still call those collectors as freaks, but these collections are tremendous and unique.

I would second Juhani about the new generation of russian collectors. They pay double prices for valuable items. You need to look at russian eBay "Molotok" - the prices are much higher in comparison with eBay and many sellers don't want to send cameras outside ...

Below is the link to article about great russian camera collector Leonid Balashevich, unfortunately in russian only:

http://www.photonews.ru/index.php?creative_foto=31

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  02:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

But the book: I hope I can make a deal with Aidas about getting it here inside Europe? Or does Alain have a solution?

Juhani,
I see no problem at all!

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1993 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  03:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please inform about disclosing of Russian edition. Iwnat to buy at least one!
Regards!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  09:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I keep forgetting to ask Viktor that - Does anyone know who talked to him whether the book is going to be a color print or black and white?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  10:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

If I remember correctly, Viktor wanted to issue coloured book, to see all the beauty of "dull" soviet cameras ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  10:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehehe... well at least we'll see those Svetozor Polaroids in all their color splendor
Go to Top of Page

lion406
2 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  07:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit lion406's Homepage  Send lion406 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Just got an email this morning from Viktor! The book is completed and sent to publisher!! We will see it soon!!! I am very very excited! This is quite a huge event in our little world!

Vlad.

Hello,
What book are tolking about?
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  08:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lion406
What book are talking about?

See http://www.ussrphoto.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1365
Go to Top of Page