Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
BERRY alain
mermoz37

France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  04:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anybody had never seen such a spring in a filter shelter on a Komsomoletz or Lubitel ?

(this camera is a gift from Michel coutesy to me

!)
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/P1000977.jpg

Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  08:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All early Komsomolets cameras have this type of the spring. When they changed the mold to the later model with a red window in the middle, they also changed the filter holder, bu replacing the spring with a simple round retainer.

The later holder is much cheaper than the early spring, since it requires no assembly.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  01:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain,

What is the serial number of your particular camera? Looking at the shutter design, I would guess it's made in 1947-1948?

Yuriy,

I wouldn't be so categorical about early Komsomolets ... Although my earliest camera has such a spring in the filter compartment, I can't say so about my camera #4724641. Although supposely beeing older than Alain's camera indeed, it already comes with round retainer ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  04:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is : 4828762

thanks to Aidas and Fedka
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  06:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain,

Thanks! I will put your number into my Komsomolets database, ok?

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  07:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Although my earliest camera has such a spring in the filter compartment, I can't say so about my camera #4724641. Although supposely beeing older than Alain's camera indeed, it already comes with round retainer ..

As far as I know each mold good only for 30-40 thousands copies. LOMO most likely was using few molds at the same time for production, and has to change them few times each year. Even today with computer guided machinery very hard, I would say impossible to create exact same molds. In 50-th and 60-th when molds were made by hands variations of the cameras can be great. I only have one Komsomoles to research , but from eight Smena-1s what I poses only 2 can be considered identical.
I wonder what original Voigtlander Brillant - father of the Komsomoles had?
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  08:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AidasCams

Alain,

What is the serial number of your particular camera? Looking at the shutter design, I would guess it's made in 1947-1948?

Yuriy,

I wouldn't be so categorical about early Komsomolets ... Although my earliest camera has such a spring in the filter compartment, I can't say so about my camera #4724641. Although supposely beeing older than Alain's camera indeed, it already comes with round retainer ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Well, I used the terms 'early" and "newer" loosely. You would find these springs in the early Komsomolets only, and will not find it in the newer ones.
Komsomolets has a lot of variations, which makes it a great collectible. GOMZ did a lot of mix-and-matching with this camera (all nicely documented by Aidas)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google