Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  5:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi,

I saw this camera for sale on a Chinese site. I wonder if it is a rare camera? I don't think I have seen another one yet.

Regards,

Zhang
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC00896.JPG

Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  5:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This almost looks like a postcard glued to the box.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  5:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if it is possible to read those small letters on the bottom of the 'postcard'?
Go to Top of Page
Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  7:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have something in an anniversary box where there is nothing on the camera or docs. I will look for it next week!
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  11:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fedka

This almost looks like a postcard glued to the box.

It looks like printed. But I can't see engravings on the camera.
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC00898.JPG

Go to Top of Page

Davide Cavallaro
California
Italy
9 Posts
Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  07:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I've got the same in my collection, so I feel quite comfortable saying it's 100% original. There are no special engravings on the camera actually, only the special commemorative box. Here's some pics of mine:

The camera itself is a very common one, in my opinion you can consider it as a "rare" item only if it's a complete set, with camera, passport an box matching serial numbers... as it's mine

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Davide,

Very nice set. The s/n of the camera starts with 67 that is different from other Fed-2s. My 50 years anniversary Fed-3 also has a s/n 67xxxxxx. Although there is no other engravings, this is the evidence of an edition FED-2 camera.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  1:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And I must admire your pics California, a delight as all details are visible clearly :)
Juhani from Finland

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  5:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The sets are authentic once the lens also begins with 67XXXXX uncommon in FED Archives.
LP
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  10:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not know that FED 2D came from the factory with Industar 61 . I always was thinking that this lens was installed on FED 3 and later models, including strange FED 2E. I believe this is the earliest model what had new Lantan lenses.
Great set!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  04:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okynek,

let me show you one more camera - regular Fed-2(d) with "white" I-61 lens fitted. It's one of the earliest set, after the new Industar-61 lens entered the market.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Fed-2d_earliest-I61_1.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Fed-2d_earliest-I61_2.jpg

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Davide Cavallaro
California
Italy
9 Posts
Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

And I must admire your pics California, a delight as all details are visible clearly :)
Juhani from Finland

Smena rules

Just a cheap 4MP compact digicam bought at the supermarket, a white cardboard sheet as a "limbo", the natural light from the windows... and lot of PP in Photoshop
Try to compare Aidas' pics. There's true detail in his pics, while in mines there's just a lot of unsharp masking.
I'm waiting for the Zenit D-SLR...
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  4:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
let me show you one more camera - regular Fed-2(d) with "white" I-61 lens fitted.

Thank you Aidas! It's great!
As I remember this lens called Panda, and what on Davide's cam. called Zebra and all black I-61 called Niger(prohibited word here in US).
Should we put such great pictures to Wiki?
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  02:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you Aidas! It's great!
As I remember this lens called Panda, and what on Davide's cam. called Zebra and all black I-61 called Niger(prohibited word here in US).
Should we put such great pictures to Wiki?

Okynek,

exactly! That's how I call these lenses myself ...

It's up for Vlad now to decide which pictures are to be placed in Wiki ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Davide Cavallaro
California
Italy
9 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  08:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...It's up for Vlad now to decide which pictures are to be placed in Wiki ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Ooops... I'm sorry guys, I'm a newbie and I didn't know it was Vlad's decision what to add or not in the Wiki, so yesterday I added a new entry with my pics...
Please Vlad, feel free to take your decision and to remove the entry if you want.

By the way, I've also added another one:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=65&ParentID=3&ContentID=993&Item=MFN%2D3 Microphotography Set

Of course, this one can be removed also if it's Vlad decision.

Please accept my apologize, I'll ask before posting anything in the future.

Regards
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  08:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide,

It was my joke only ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Davide Cavallaro
California
Italy
9 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  09:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AidasCams

Davide,

It was my joke only ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Ok Aidas, I still don't know so much this community, so I didn't realized it was a joke...
So may I feel free to contribute to the Wiki catalog with some pics of my cameras and lenses? At least the most interesting ones...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  10:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh Aidas and your scare tactics! ehhehe.. Davide, this is a community driven catalog, I got nothing to with approving any of it, I just delete offtopic entries like if someone puts a Washer & Dryer in FED section .. any entries that are not already in catalog are highly appreciated if they are added to appropriate categories! And if they are already, you can edit them and add your own images to them as well. Thanks a lot for your participation!

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  1:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I would like to talk more seriously about Fed-2 Anniversary cameras indeed. I can not espouse Davide's opinion, when he have said: "The camera itself is a very common one, in my opinion you can consider it as a "rare" item only if it's a complete set, with camera, passport an box matching serial numbers..."

In my opinion the particular camera is very uncommon and interesting by itself ... (1st) it comes with new type of leatherette body covering (like late Fed-3 cameras), (2nd) no more strap lugs on body, (3rd) the earliest Fed-2 Anniversary cameras were fitted with out of stock Industar-26m lenses, although new Industar-61 ones entered the market since 1963 (!!!) ... and the I-26m lenses had "67" date prefixes in their serial numbers!

My Fed-2 Anniversary has serial number #6735223, and fitted with Industar-26m lens #6706990... Although I have no commemorative box (yet?), I enjoy my camera a lot ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

PS. If you will look closely at Zhang's sample, you will see, that particular camera has no above mentioned features, except of genuine box ... Even manual guide comes from regular Fed-2 (d) ...
Zhang, could you ask the seller, if he can sell the box separately ...
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  3:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit to never having heard of an Anniversary Fed 2 Camera before reading this thread. It compelled me to hunt for one, which took me all of 10 minutes to locate on eBay. I found one offered by Asterliks, without box of course.

The model 2D had a body number of 6711335 and a 52mm f2.8 26-M with number 6705835. The camera came with cap and case. Total cost $57 ($35 camera + $22 shipping. I bought it.

The camera arrived today, only about two weeks. With the exception of having the nylon ribbed covering, all else was as described by Aidas. I'm curious to know if the n ylon covering was placed on earlier models? It seems like my camera body is the earlier of the two other body numbers listed in this thread. It's no big deal but I have to say that I would have preferred to have the leatherette instead. With my poor eyesight I couldn't tell what type was on the camera as pictured in Asterliks description.

All functions operate quite nicely. For the low price it was worth it.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  08:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve!

Congratulations on your new purchase! I'm happy that our Forums assisted you to spend $57 more ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, the 26M with this camera has click-stops.
Is that a bit unusual?

Steve
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  11:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Very interested too by this commemorative camera which seems to be absent from eBay for the moment.
I've only found two Fed 2 numbered 66xxxxx for both body and lens: perhaps for the 49th anniversary?

To be more serious, the 66xxxxx and 67xxxxx ranges seem to be the only date prefix to number both the body and the lens. An exception for Fed. I wonder why...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google