Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  12:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, enough time had passed and Bievres is coming up on the horizon to the point of starting making plans. Who's going from here?

So far the list is as far as I remember:

Myself
Alain
Michel
Aidas
Viktor Suglob
Juhani?
Jacques M?
Jim McGee?
Guido (I think?)

Question to our French friends.. can someone recommend a decent hotel to stay nearby that also has good access to Paris and Bievres and not too expensive but nice enough to stay for a vacation? I am coming for example for a week with my wife to have a vacation in Paris and visit Bievres fair. And where should we be probably stay, what suburb?

Thanks,
Vlad.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  12:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also another question, I don't think my mobile phone works on European network, so maybe we can set a meeting point somewhere at the fair at certain time? I think Alain was mentioning he will have a camp set up by his car.. is it possible to provide a map where at the show it is so all of us can find it if we decide to meet by Alain's car? And is there a website with information for the Bievres show that has directions, maps, times, etc?

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  1:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no problem Vlad,
Bievres is a very small country village in the suburbs of Paris.

you can reach the place by train from Paris easily (the station is quite near the fair . This fair stand in two streets and center place . arround is a small forest where somebody built tents , some others sleep in their cars or campers (especially , French, Dutch, German and....Russains /Ukrainians etc.. (mainly, sellers overnight sleeping in their stalls)
mainly, the weather is fine in this beginning of june.
My proposition is : meeting point on JL Princelle's stall (easy to find because small whith many "red books" and here every one know where he is on the fair...(by the way , if lucky, frequently you can meet here Peter Koeln, Jim Mc Keown, etc....)

So I propose my little VW camping-car as a meeting point (generally parking under the trees, not so far the fair (may be 50 m max..)in a little street well known because small bridges, on the bièvres river, in)
In my car you can stock your shopping in security , to keep your hands free (by the way : have enought cash in your pockets ...better then chèques. and remember : only one bankomat in this village for many cameras buyers !!!)
Also I put table and some chairs for your tired legs (the main problem is : the fair stand on a very steep street and place !!!!)
every years I come back home aching all over !!!)
I can make free coffe, tea,fresh beer and glass of (French) wine for all...
If I will know just at time how many friends come , my wife will cook some foods for all....
I stay currently on place Saturday , saturday overnight and sunday til noon...after what we come back home in the Loire Valley (TOURS , if you have a good map, the best place to visit King's castles on the Loire sides)
Next message , I try to give you map link (but you can also use google map)

So...we have in our pockets , small talkie-walkies (you can find everywhere now )...very efficient to meet friend according whith liberty to dream alone in front stall so come whith yours.
just at time , I will give you our mobile phone number...do not worry.

After what :
If you want to visit for a week , Loire valley, you welcome home , I will be a good turist guide...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  1:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain, thank you very much for all this information and links! Your car seems like a good point to meet, maybe shortly before the show you can send us a picture of it so we know what to look for! ..

Now I need to learn some French in next 6 month .

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  2:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is the map...
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Bievres map Vlad.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  2:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alain for this great map! I love your little "Forest!! I stay here" tag!!! super!!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  06:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When is it? And please Vlad do something to the width of this page, I think it is not many who use a 32" screen...

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  06:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Cedricfan,
this fair stay near Paris , every year , 1rst week-end of june....
So we have time to plan a meeting
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  07:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alain,

I carefully searched on the photo…
I ca'nt see your WV camping car…
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  08:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fine time, now the question for me is Ryanair or Toyota through Sweden? Is a car good to have there, or a nuisance?

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  08:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
Will look forward to it. After all it's not too far for me. In fact I sometimes travel home via Paris. Best wishes, Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  09:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain, I had to delete your post with links because they expired and do not work anymore and they were stretching this forum thread...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a new link with directions and maps from downtown Paris:

http://tinyurl.com/64u2vk

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  10:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have agreed with Yuriy Davidenko (better known as DVDTechnik ... to come to Bievre together, so one more great collector in our list ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  11:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juani,
That's depend : If you want to spend some vacations in France at this time (one week for example, travelling in Paris or more) , if you sleep in your car (as many does here in Bièvres)-or sleep in tent, no problem Toyota is economic ( but you know, Highways in france are expensives (free everywhere) !!!
So, remember ...my experience is : with a car, the best quick and pleasant way is : Sweden Malmo-Belt bridge-Kopenhagen- Hamburg- Nederland-Belgium-Lille-Paris .

If you just drop in Paris for 2 days ...use Ryanair !
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  12:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh oh oh ....

after having deducted all the friends who hope to come and meet in Bièvres, I believe that my wine bottle will be too small; I will think of renting a tanker of 2000 liters and of making me sponsorer by the vine growers of my area!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  4:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know I can always come with my own alcohol

So it's the first weekend of June for sure? So is it June 6 and 7?? Or is it May 30, 31? How can we know for sure? I would like to start looking for airline tickets..

Thanks!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  6:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
June 6 and 7[:)

http://foirephoto-bievre.com/index.php?page=accueil&lang=fr

regards mike
Go to Top of Page
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  7:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try to come this year... may be a Urss photo stall with some vodka or moldovan cognac would be a good idea ?

kidding...

If others fans are around belgium in the summer (august), I can organise a meeting in my village (Marchin) where there will be the third phpotographic exhibtion "et le bonheur ?"... they would be pleased to host a meeting there...

Stephan
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  02:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes!!!
Even my wife would like to come, and our plans are to stay for an extended weekend, but than a week though. I know that trains and metro are cheap (if there is no strike, usually in France there is always at least one strike in a week).
What about acommodation, can yoy recommend a place? Reasonable price, nice location, good transport to Paris and Bievres? After all that is propably the biggest cost for us coming from Europe, except the "souvenirs"!
I should also dig up my Paris map, I still have it from 2007 somewhere...

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  11:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just looked: Ryanair does not fly to Paris, but Belgium and Frankfurt. Price for two is 150 euros.

Rental car from FF for 5 days is 140 euros, not much. Plan would be to see FF and Luxembourg also on route, overnigting in a B&B in Germany is not expensive either.

Hotel approx 20kms from Paris center for 4 nights is 150-200 euros (2 persons).

Not bad prices after all!

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  11:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you sure Ryanair do not fly to "Beauvais "?
Beauvais is the airport for discount fly , in the North of Paris...
you can also try to get a flight (low cost) to our town : Tours.
here is a direct line hight speed train (TGV) to Paris (45mn)...and a good free hotel : my home free taxi : my car but only one guest bed room for two persons .
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  11:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/dests.php?flash=chk&culture=FI&pos=HEAD

Brussels and FF are closest, I prefer FF as that way we can see Luxemburg.
Only Marseille in France!

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  3:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello to all,

That sounds interesting. Maybe I am interested to visit it too. France is not far away from Germany :-)
Juhani, if you go by car you can stay at me for a night and then pick me up, could that be possible?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  3:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rear seat of a Fox

For now it is certain that we will not come with own car, most likely a rental car from nearest Ryanair airport.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  9:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to restart this thread.

After the date change, who is going to Bievres on June 13-14?

let's try to put a list together again!

Yuri
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  10:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  10:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...and me and I think Aidas was planning to go to with Viktor, he was planning to reschedule at least.. and of course I'm sure Alain and Michel will be there... hopefully maybe Jacques can make it. Haven't heard from Guido after date change but hope he can make it too...
Go to Top of Page

Fred_L
France
223 Posts
Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  03:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad
I am living very close to Bievres...
About Hotel, could you give me the maw amount you want to pay for decent room..??
May be I can find it....
For sure I will be there too....

Fred

Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  04:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

For me:
"Hotel approx 20kms from Paris center for 4 nights is 150-200 euros (2 persons)"
is what Ryanair says, but they have so many hotels that I have no idea which one to choose!

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  1:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Fred, I'm actually all set for the hotel and flight, but it would be great if you could recommend some hotels in the area for our friends here who are attending!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  02:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fedka...Bievres on June 13-14?

Just to be 101% sure, the date is still this? She must fix her vacation next week, and after that our vacation is no more adjustable

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Fred_L
France
223 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  04:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes date is fixed for june 13th and 14th.
Excepionally this week end because there are elections the week end before.
I know a nice hotel in Paris, in St Germain des prés, close to the musée d'Orsay. About 30 mns from Bievres by train.
Good quality (3 to 4 stars) and price under 200 euros per night (negociated), witch is not too expensive regarding the location of the hotel.
I have to check next week if rooms are still available and give you back some more informations.
Fred
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  3:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am finally booking the trip, and want to confirm this: we are meeting on Saturday, June 13th, the first day of the show.
The show opens at 14:00, so we meet shortly after it opens (15:00?).

Alain suggested JL Princelle's table, which sounds like a good place to meet.
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shall be there too, although only on Sunday 14th June.

David.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, very cool!

Yuri, JLP stall sounds fine and time sounds fine too, I just thought Alain was offering to meet up by his camper, he posted a map to it and everything in another thread...

We should also arrange a meeting time on Sunday... or people will just be dropping by Alain's camper as a fallback plan.. I am also thinking to make some large USSRPhoto.com pins or something like that we can wear to identify each other.. I use that CafePress site for our merchandise, if I make these pins, I'll make them available at cost, they ship worldwide.. let me know if something like that sounds good or we just meet...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  12:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will tell you a mobile phone number closely to Bievres date (to meet on my camper as promished)
Alain
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  12:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pins sound great!
We will be staying in a hotel in Bievres from Wednesday to Monday, but making trips to Paris.
And I am easy to reckognize from shooting with a Smena-8

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  2:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I was informed that Fair is starting from saturday early morning (or even Friday's early morning) ... Now I see Yuri's information that the show opens at 14:00, is that right? We are coming to Paris at 12th early morning. May be it's reasonable to meet each other (I mean who stays in Paris) the same day? My mobile phone is +37068730909

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I have recently arrived back in the UK and health permitting I also intend to be at Bievres on 13th of June. I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone.
Cheers, Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  6:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news Jim!

Ok guys, whoever wants a large pin to identify themselves at the Bievres show as USSRPhoto.com member can get one here at cost:

http://www.cafepress.com/ussrphoto.380032288

Enjoy!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  02:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Great idea, Vlad. I've ordered my pin. I will also be wearing my Russian Camera Collectors Club ID.
If we can also meet on Sunday, that would be brilliant. May I suggest 11.00 at Jean Loup Princelle's stand? Anyway, we have plenty of time in which to decide on a time and place.

David.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am glad to hear that people are slowly gathering at Bievres:-)

Aidas, I got this 14:00 starting time on Saturday from the Bievres web site. Maybe it starts earlier - I do not know.

http://foirephoto-bievre.com/index.php?page=exposer.antiquites&lang=en

Vlad, I think we have to come up with an exact time and place to meet. The thing is - we have never seen each other and just walking around, even with those beautiful pins may not work.

Gathering place and time - I would be happy is someone who knows the show suggests one. Alain? You know the place.
JL's table may not be ideal, we do not want to block it. And I do not know where it is:-)
So perhaps there is another good place that we can find? Alain's van is a good idea too.

But we have to all agree on one place and time.

Also, is there an admission fee at the fair?

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yuri,

I think Alain's site is the best place to meet since it won't be blocking any stalls... see above in this thread for the "Forest!! I stay here" pin (still cracking up about that one) that Alain placed on the map he posted.

Aidas, regarding Friday, unfortunately that day is all planned out for our excursions with my wife, so I will only meet you guys on Saturday.

Yuri, but I do think pins will help identifying our members though if we do run into each other , even though I kind of know most people from pictures..

Just as a sidenote, one thing I regret though is that Steve (Bull Halsey), Bill (nightphoto) and Luiz cannot make it to the fair... we will definately miss them. I think everyone else here is making it, which is amazing!!

So I think if we agree to start getting together around 15:00 on Saturday and maybe around 11:00 on Sunday at Alain's van it will be great. (That's the "Forest!! I stay here" place)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh did anyone hear whether Nathan Dayton is going?
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  01:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I agree that Alain's site is the best place to meet, and it should be easy to find especially with that big yellow pin sticking up through the trees.
I have also ordered my pin, and I've ordered a USSRphoto mug as well, so I should be easy to spot, just look for somebody wondering around wearing a USSRphoto pin badge and drinking coffee from a USSRphoto cup!
This is a little bit off topic, but I am home now, (for good) and I have started to list some items on Ebay. I only mention this because the last time that I listed items some people were not aware or couldn't see them on Ebay and missed out.
These items are on Ebay.co.uk, (I don't know how to list worldwide) and I will be listing around one hundred items over the next two or three weeks. By the way my ebay ID is 1204_mcgee.
Cheers Jim.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google