Located in
Still Cameras > BelOMO - Elikon

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan

Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  12:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopefully mine next sunday
Anyone else have one?

Smena rules

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4235 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  12:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani, congratulations!!! These are absolutely impossibly rare!
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  2:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow ! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

During years I was lucky to see only 3 of them. Viktor Suglob has 2 different versions, one more came for sale on Molotok just few months ago (unfortunately I was too late to buy one ...).

Only few hundreds of Elikon-2 were produced, so lucky you ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  2:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unless there's nobody here that has a finnish friend to bid on it it is mine
Here the local market for things like this is so small that I am bound to get it
But next sunday I will know it for sure, anyway I have placed a bid that is double what any other local bidder would

Edited by - cedricfan on Apr 27 2008 2:52:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  3:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,

I'm ready to go myself to Finland next week and bid locally ...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  11:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The seller (a friend of mine) called me, this is not his only one, but a spare one. So he still keeps the other one for his collection!

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  1:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And mine for 24.89 euros totally!
Serials:
9186757 (mine)
9184808 (sellers)
On midweek more, with pics and comaprison to "numberless".

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  1:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  3:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So the next question is if anyone has ever seen an Elikon-1 in reality? Other than foggy pics like this:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/elikon-1.jpg

Or is the only ones in (possibly) Finland and at Suglob's...

Edited by - cedricfan on May 04 2008 3:20:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2008 :  12:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,

Indeed, you are very close to complete your great Elikon collection! And only few "common" cameras are still missing ... Orion-35C, Elikon-1 and Elikon-5 . As far as I know, Viktor doesn't have Elikon-1 in his collection yet, so the question is still open.

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - May 05 2008 :  06:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

So the next question is if anyone has ever seen an Elikon-1 in reality? Other than foggy pics like this:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/elikon-1.jpg

And again I know the source!
This picture is from the page
http://www.zenitcamera.com/articles/cameras/schneider-russians-eng.html
( http://www.zenitcamera.com/archive/history/elikon-1.jpg )
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 05 2008 :  08:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juhani congratulation with you new camera!!!
I hope you will complete Elecon collection soon and show it for our enjoyment!!!
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2008 :  08:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Zoom: this picture is again one of those that have been spread so around the internet that only a hnadful know where the origin is. If you insist I will delete it from my files?
Aidas: what is Elikon-5, as I have never seen anything about that anywhere? Or only a joke like Smena-13... And only place where I found Orion-35C mentioned was yours, yet no picture nor anything if it has been somewhere sometime?

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - May 05 2008 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Zoom: this picture is again one of those that have been spread so around the internet that only a hnadful know where the origin is.

Origin? Scanned from the catalogue "Still cameras and binoculars from the USSR". TENTO (v/o Technointorg), USSR, Moscow (not dated).
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2008 :  11:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Zoom: this picture is again one of those that have been spread so around the internet that only a hnadful know where the origin is. If you insist I will delete it from my files?
Aidas: what is Elikon-5, as I have never seen anything about that anywhere? Or only a joke like Smena-13... And only place where I found Orion-35C mentioned was yours, yet no picture nor anything if it has been somewhere sometime?

Smena rules

Juhani,
If I remember correctly, Viktor Suglob was sending Christmas cards with picture of Elikon-5. The only thing I know it's somehow similar to Elikon-535 camera, but not the identical one. And I was lucky to hold the real Orion-35C in my very own hands, during my last stay in neighbour Minsk.

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 07 2008 :  2:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And now at home
Added pics & edited Wiki:

"A close version of Elikon/Elikon-1. Differences are:
-No rangefinder, only meter-scale
-Lens has same name Minitar-2 but f/3,8 instead of f/2,8
-ISO instead of GOST
-No lens data ring around front lens, smaller front lens

Serial #9186757 (Juhani)
Serial #9184808 (Finnish collector)

Sidenote: Instructions booklet says "Vilejskij zavod Zenit" as manufacturer!"

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Elikon2c.JPG

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4235 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 07 2008 :  3:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani!

Truly significant find!! The lenses are different - on E2 it is Minar-2 on E1 is Minitar-2.

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  03:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have got mine Elikon-2 finally ... And Juhani was right about serials starting with #918XXXX ... Mine is #9184999!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1003 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  10:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seems Lithuania-Finland axle is growing strong in these odd Smenas and Elikons, congratulations!
But why do the serials start with the eight after year...

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  10:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,

thanks! My passport shows 30th March, 1992 as a date of manufacture ... I'm almost sure yours is the same ...

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/elikon-2_passport.jpg

Best Regards,
Aidas

Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  10:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passport show TY******-86
TY is Technicheskie Ysloviya(Technical Conditions), as I remember, and 86 is a year when those conditions was signed up; that I know on sure,
Does it mean that camera was developed in 1986 and did not produce until 1992?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google