Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Peter Knowlden
Pushkin

Canada
19 Posts
Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  12:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several members gave me advice on this topic but now the issue is that the rewind is broken. The rewind knob is no longer connected to the spool shaft, and the camera must be taken into a darkroom for removal of the film. No repairmen are willing to work on this camera. What I need is a schematic drawing, exploded view type, of this rewind so that I can understand why this part does not work. The rewind is usually the simplest part of any 35mm camera, but this one is stupidly complex, can any member help with this or shall I just show that this a good reason that this otherwise advanced camera was not a success.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  1:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pushkin

No repairmen are willing to work on this camera.

Peter, have you tried Yuri B of Fedka.com in NY? As far as I know his repair department can fix any Russian camera if you don't want to mess with it yourself.

Also check the Camera repair downloadable books in Books sections of the wiki catalog. Maizenberg's, Yakovlev's or Vishnevskiy's books may have some schematics...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  1:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Peter, I looked through aforementioned books, unfortunately Leningrad is not in them, sorry..
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  3:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pushkin
Observe the diagram:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/leningrad rewind.JPG

The main rewind problem on Leningrads are the couplings between internal gear and rangefinder gear.
The rewind knob goes up and down in order to free the magazine in forward movement of the film When the knob is up it couples to rangefinder gear for rewinding purposes.
This couplings is critical, by this reason, there is an excentric axel needed for the perfect couplings
The rest is with you. You do not need to dismantle the camera for fixing it. With the knob in the upper position turn the excentric axel up to the couplings- that is all.
Good luck!
See that repair men are generally destroying people!
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  2:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A second diagram for clearing purposes

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/leningrad rewind 2.JPG

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google