Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Steve
Bull Halsey

USA
229 Posts
Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  3:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to purchase an Industar Rigid 50mm F3.5 WHITE face lens for quite some time now. According to JLP. equal numbers of the Black and White face lenses were produced at the same time yet I have not seen one offered on auction. The Black face lens, though not plentiful, can be found rather easily, but the White face is another story.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  3:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Steve

I have found one together with a Zorki 1c some weeks ago. The pictures were very bad, the price low and the lens in very bad condition. But sometimes you can find one together with Zorki 1 cameras, I have seen some such offers over the last month.

For the white face variant the 2000 units mentioned by Princelle may be correct. There were build in 1950. But the black faces are seen more often, I count 4 times more of them of my search list, for the M39/LTM versions only (1950 to 1953).

Here a picture of mine:

http://www.g-st.ch/privat/kameras/bilder/zorki/P3263707.JPG

(from the page: http://www.g-st.ch/privat/kameras/zorkiobjektive.html)

Best wishes - Guido

Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  3:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Guido.

My only guess is that Princelle must have gotten his numbers wrong. One just doesn't see these lenses too often.

Take Care,
Steve
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  03:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends,
last week I meet Jean Loup P. on his stall in a Parisian foto fair.
I just bought my new EOS 5D Mk II , you know including HD video.
So I shoot a short interview whith JLP about dates he wrote the "bible" (1998 !) he tild me all informations about KMZ product where collected directly from factory leaders (The only factory which agreed to open its doors contrary to FED and LOMO who had refused !)
but he said too ,it was very difficult to know the truth between propaganda figures and reality of the production !

(for the moment I hope this interview ready to be published here , but I am stopped : the camera rushes are in MOV size and I cannot find a program in my PC to built a short movie....if some one here can help me , he is welcome ... )

(note rushes are PAL , not NTSC)
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  03:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ps:
mine white is 5001884....just for info
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  10:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For info too, mine has # 5003454.
This serial number puts another question: how exactly were numbered the lenses produced by KMZ ?
If every type of lens has its own numbering range, this serial number should indicate that at least 3454 rigid white were made in 1950...

More generally, I agree with Guido: there are much more rigid black lenses than white.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Apr 10 2009 10:27:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  9:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain,

Try this software.. maybe it'll help.. I think for digital video files it does not matter whether it's PAL or NTSC it's when you convert it to DVD it's when it matters....

http://www.freemov2avi.com/

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  12:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear friends

Maybe you are right, Jacques, the number 3454 is the highest s/n I've seen for this lens too, so some 3500 of them could be build in 1950 (I have no indication that such lenses with white face were made later). Aidas reports a full black rigid Industar 22 with the number 500218 on his page (http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-225779401). I don't know nothing about this variant. So maybe the absolute number of white face I-22 may be a little smaller.

Steve: There are some typing errors in Princelles book too (see the production number of the Zorki 5 type b ... there's a missing "0" at the end). But I think with lenses it's much harder to find correct numbers, because KMZ build lenses for other companies in this time. I don't have found any reliable number of lens production from KMZ and other enterprises.

Alain: Congratulation to your new camera! Mine was delivered the 30th of december last year and I'm very happy with it. Those 21 million pixels are great but you need a lens with this resolution too ...

I'm very interesting in this interview with JLP by the way. I have tryed out the program that Vlad had posted a link to and it seems to work fine. An other way may be to post the video on YouTube and to put a link to it in this forum.

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  03:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear Guido...
I hurry as I will do for JLP interview (whith help of my daughter or Michel which possess an Apple PC )
so do not follow the guys which says everywhere in magazines (like in France) you must fit on MK II sharp lenses : I try to fit old EOS lenses (especially wide angle) and Russian lenses such as TAIR whith very very good results (prints no more than 30x40 cm).
bad results only whith 16mm zenitar which is very good on recent Nikon full size !!!
alain
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  6:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Another strange thing about this white rigid Industar 22...
After JLP, it doesn't have any button on the distance ring.
Mine has this button, like Guido's and Alain's, if I remember correctly. So, one more problem.

Me too, I am eager to see JLP interview... Thanks, Alain!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  06:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
Steve is correct, I have seven or eight of these rigid lenses, but all have the black face. I don't recall ever seeing one with a white face, so I guess that they must be pretty rare.
Cheers to all, Jim
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  5:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to a tip from Jacques I was able to bid and win a beautiful Zorki 1b with the White Face Industar-22 Rigid Lens. It arrived this afternoon. The camera appears to have never been used. It is in Mint cosmetric condition. The lens is also in Mint condition. There is, however an issue with the shutter. If you handle the camera in the normal position to shoot pictures the shutter will stick, but if you angle the camera on its back and point to the sky (or ceiling), it fires at the correct selected speed.
I can only think that with the condition, both in and out, appearing to have never been used, could be that the camera is in dire need of a good clean and lube.

The camera was supplied with the correct lenscap but no case.

All in all I'm very pleased.
Again, my thanks to Jacques for keeping me in mind.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google