elikon 2 different serial number
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
naaimad
Romania
3 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit naaimad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello, i've recently bought a elikon 2 , but it's serial number is 9601014. in wiki catalog http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=74&ParentID=1&ContentID=922&Item=Elikon+2 there aren't this kind of serial number. can anyone enlighten me? :)
but my biggest request is: can anybody help me with an instruction manual?
thank you in advance.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  8:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I think regarding serial #, they are inside the camera in the film chamber, often on a paper sticker if I'm not mistaken. I don't have this particular Elikon, but other models are like that.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  02:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You are quite right, the serial number on your Elikon-2 does appear to be strange. The first two digits of some Elikon cameras indicate the year of manufacture. The Elikon-2, as far as I am aware was only manufactured in 1990 and 1991, hence the serial numbers listed in the Wiki Catalog. Is the serial number on a paper label? If it is, it may have been changed at some time.

David.
Go to Top of Page
naaimad
Romania
3 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  04:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit naaimad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the serial number is engraved on the bottom plate, as it can be seen in the following picture:

another difference is that the shutter button is pink, not red:

until i'll find a instruction manual (scanned, in russian, it doesn't matter) can anyone tell me what kind of batteries does it use?
thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  09:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very odd serial number, five years gap to all previously known examples!
Batteries: with most USSR cameras you use either A76=R44=G13 or larger PX625 type. And alkaline or silver 1,5 volt is good even for the older ones like Zenit. In this Elikon you can use both: there should be a plastic "adapter tube" if you use two smaller A76=R44=G13 batteries. If tube is missing or you have only PX625 at home the usen two of those. Simple!

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
naaimad
Romania
3 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  3:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit naaimad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you cedricfan. those are precious informations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google