Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Steve
Bull Halsey

USA
229 Posts
Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  12:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacques,

Thank you for sharing your FED/Leica copy with us. It is a beautiful example.
You generally don't see many copies with the FED 50mm F.2 lens which has been re-engraved with the Leitz Summar badge.

I also find the provonance of your camera quite interesting.

A wonderful find.

Regards,
Steve
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  10:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Steve.

For those who don't know what we speak of: http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=77&ParentID=1&ContentID=1121&Item=Fed%2DLeica+%28from+a+1d+or+1e%29%2E

I must say that Bill has another Summar fake, made from a 2/50mm Fed lens, but with a white front. It's too in the wiki.

I have just bought what should be a Leica fake from a Fed S (1/1000th of a second). I'll tell more when I receive it .

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  9:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques,

Yes, thanks for showing us this nice camera. Yes I have the lens only, but your camera with the lens is a wonderful. I have a feeling that they both go together and that the Leica fake is a very old one. I think this because the engraving is so very fine in quality, from what I can see of the photos.
The Leica fake from FED-S sound good and I believe that no new FED-S are made into Leica fakes, so it must probably be old. It will be interesting to see. Thank you Jacques!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google